Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sporty Spice

I kind of hate Forever XXI. Partly because their clothes are way too cute and way too cheap. Partly because they put significantly less effort into the men's section than the rest of the store. And partly because they're ungodly trendy.

Like two months ago, their weekend display was all basics. Literally, every one of their glossy, glammed out mannequins was dressed for the gym in neon camis and shorts. It was unexpected. It was fierce.

I think I was OK with it because I had just spent 5 straight hours watching and re-watching Spring runway shows, my favorite at that moment Balenciaga, which featured a sporty silhouette that justified my recent desire for a gym membership. And then seeing the XXI display allowed me to acknowledge athleticism as a Spring trend publicly while secretly being able to claim fashion-forwardness in my ability to anticipate it.

I went out for coffee and a walk in the park this morning and when I got home I realized how trendy I looked.

This is my attempt to pose in a new and interesting way. Please restrict comments on my modeling abilities to positive ones.

Shoes: H&M, 12.95
Shorts: Lacoste, 39.95
Jacket: H&M, 39.95

No comments:

Post a Comment